Since the beginning of the dissemination of the new coronavirus (covid-19) in the country, the Cubatão Pole industries have contributed to the well-being of thousands of families, through donations and voluntary actions, in partnership with Cide, Ciesp Cubatão, City Hall and other municipal institutions.
In March of this year, the State Government and municipalities of Baixada Santista decreed public calamity and put into practice the main restrictive measures for access to non-essential service establishments, according to the guidelines of the Ministry of Health and the Government’s Health Secretariat of the State of São Paulo.
Many of these measures directly impacted people who are currently socially vulnerable in the city. As a result of this scenario, until the end of August, Polo industries donated more than 102 thousand inputs, including food, hygiene products, handmade masks and blankets:
- More than 6,900 basic food baskets;
- About 1.4 ton of vegetables;
- 88.2 thousand lunch boxes and 2 thousand blankets, with support from Fiesp and Sesi;
- Approximately 4,200 hygiene kits;
- 64 thousand soaps;
- 48 thousand handmade masks;
- 750 liters of alcohol gel and liquid soap.
The items were distributed by the Municipal Social Assistance Secretariat, through the Social Solidarity Fund, and by associations and charities.
The Municipal Health Department also donated 24,000 respiratory protection masks and 30,000 disposable gloves to professionals who currently provide care to the population in preventing and fighting the new coronavirus.
Cubatão Hospital, on the other hand, received the donation of a new multifunctional respirator and had the support of Senai to repair four more pieces of equipment that needed maintenance.
Public places in the city, such as the hospital itself, and streets and avenues with greater circulation of people were cleaned with more than 365 thousand liters of bleach, applied by means of vehicles suitable for the activities and also provided by the industries.
For Cide’s executive director, Ricardo Salgado, integrated actions are necessary to support the population during the pandemic. “The provision of basic inputs to help families in local communities, as well as preventive measures to guarantee the health of the citizens and workers of the Pole, are fundamental initiatives to face the current crisis caused by covid-19, in addition to being strengthened for the partnership between industries, government and institutions “.
“The result of this synergy is extremely important to support families most impacted by the pandemic. We are united, looking for the possible and necessary resources, with the only objective of crossing this difficult scenario and preparing for new opportunities in our country ”, complements the principal director of Ciesp Cubatão, Raul Elias Pinto.
Prevention measures at the Pole
The industries adopted preventive measures against the new coronavirus before the intensification of the pandemic in the region and that continue until today.
Health professionals are focused on actions to monitor and prevent contamination among company employees, thus allowing safe operational continuity.
Common initiatives among Polo industries are:
- Suspension of meetings, events or any other face-to-face activity with agglomerations;
- Meetings, when necessary, through videoconference;
- A large part of its staff in administrative areas in home office activity;
- Flexibility of schedules among employees to reduce the concentration of people in the environments;
- Guidance for employees to restrict physical contact in the workplace;
- Minimum distance needed in common environments, such as restaurants, workstations and workers’ transport vehicles;
- 70% alcohol gel availability in all internal facilities;
- Intensified cleaning of work environments, especially at points of contact, such as door handles, tables and utensils;
- Doors and windows constantly open, promoting the ventilation of the premises;
- Guidance for employees to extend preventive actions outside the workplace.